Source: Campaign Creators
Digital marketing is a paradigm that’s never quite still – unpredictable and enigmatic at times. Many in the industry wonder why their products won’t sell and their ads aren’t effective.
Luckily, among the many facets that make up digital marketing, there are important rules that are proven to indicate success.
In this article, we’ll take your next campaign from zero to hero with the 5 golden rules of digital marketing.
5 golden rules for a successful digital marketing campaign
#1. Be customer-obsessed
Do you know enough about your customers? If not, it’s about time you dive deep into your target audience. Successful digital marketing relies on knowing your customer, inside and out:
- What do they really want?
- How can they relate to your products or services?
- What platform are they most likely using?
- What makes them unique?
Each individual cares most about whatever impacts their own life. Due to this, your marketing campaigns are underachieving if they aren’t focused on your buyer. Involve your customer in every step of the marketing process.
Only once you’re customer-obsessed will you thoroughly understand your buyer’s tendencies, interests, and needs.
#2. Brand advocacy is your best asset
Your greatest sales weapon is actually free – reviews and brand advocates are the driving force behind what consumers will trust or ignore. Putting a simple spotlight on advocates for your brand is a strong marketing technique.
Why do you think social media influencers can get paid so much to promote products? Buyers trust the words of other buyers much more than that of your business. A survey by PR week showed that 50% of a company’s market value could be attributed to its reputation.
Between similar listings, 35% of buyers will even opt for a higher-priced product if it only has better reviews. If customer participation isn’t the backbone of your marketing strategy, then you’re falling behind.
#3. Test anything you possibly can
A core facet of any strong digital marketing campaign is testing. Test your products, ads, and websites – hell, you can even test the colors you use. Extensive consumer testing is crucial to understanding the psychology of your buyer.
There are a few ways you can do this:
- A/B testing: Give the audience two versions of an ad, website, etc. This way, you can see what relates to your customer-base best.
- Social media posts: Test a headline or image. If your target audience responds strongly, you’ve got a good starting point.
- Usability testing: Do consumers like to use your product? Would they be satisfied if they bought it themselves?
#4. Strong cybersecurity
As a digital marketing whizz, you’ve no doubt read of cyber attacks in headlines. Unfortunately, as your job relies on the internet, you’re a prime target for these crooks. Yet, there’s no need to worry, effective cybersecurity is easy.
Here are the cybersecurity standards you should look into:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN): VPNs disguise your presence on the internet. Your browsing data and private details are encrypted at all times. Simply download a VPN client to protect your business data.
- Antivirus: C’mon, it’s 2022 – everyone needs antivirus, especially digital marketers. A malware attack can cripple any company.
- Password manager: Store your passwords in a secure vault. As the software remembers your passwords, you can make them completely unique and uncrackable.
#5. Experiment with your marketing strategies
Sometimes, the best campaign just won’t work. Whether at the wrong place or the wrong time, successful digital marketers adapt their strategies depending on the climate. Be prepared to experiment with your approach.
If your skillfully crafted campaign isn’t landing, try the following:
- Campaigning on a different platform;
- Targeting different demographics;
- Shift your tone to formal, conversational, or provocative;
- Emphasize your business’ uniqueness.
Global trends are ever-shifting, and expert marketers change with them. Does your digital marketing strategy need a shake-up?
Of the countless rules in digital marketing, there is only a handful that can take your campaign to the next level.
By following the golden rules listed here, your next marketing campaign will drive sales better than ever.