Amazon Business, a new online marketplace focused specifically on business-to-business (B2B) ecommerce, was recently launched. This new marketplace will serve as a connection between businesses and suppliers.
Amazon Business Benefits
In a statement released by the company, they outlined the following benefits of using Amazon Business:
- Tailored Business Experience: Unique search, browse and shopping experience that is tailored specifically to business purchasing.
- Business Accounts: Create a single or multi-user business account, invite additional users to join the account, and define groups of users to easily share payment methods and shipping addresses.
- Free Two-Day Shipping: Fast, free shipping on orders of $49 or more on tens of millions of eligible items, plus access to even faster shipping options.
- Multi-Seller Marketplace: View multiple offers on a single product page for easy price comparisons, as well as shop sellers that consistently meet the performance and service requirements that businesses expect.
- Business-Only Pricing: Business-only prices on select items and quantity discounts from select manufacturers and sellers.
- Business-Only Selection: Business-only items combined with Amazon’s vast selection provides access to hundreds of millions of products, including hard-to-find items like traffic signs, industrial deep fryers, antibodies, 55-gallon steel drums, dent pullers and much more.
- Purchasing Approval: Create approval workflows to enable better spending controls.
- Purchasing System Integration: Integrate leading third-party procurement solutions for easy access to Amazon Business.
- Amazon Tax Exemption Program: Make tax-exempt purchases and manage tax exemption permissions across an organization.
- Order Tracking: Add purchase order or reference numbers to purchases to assist with reporting and account reconciliation.
- Amazon Corporate Credit Line: Place orders and finance purchases using a Pay-in-Full Credit Line or a Revolving Credit Line.
- Comprehensive Product Information: Rich product pages and studio-quality photography, as well as dimensions, CAD drawings and manufacturer how-to videos.
- Amazon Business Customer Support: World-class Amazon customer service dedicated to registered business shoppers.
As mentioned above, Amazon is adding unique features to this offering that are tailored specifically to their business customers. For example, multiple user accounts will be available with purchase and approval controls already established in their procurement systems.
Amazon Business Replaces AmazonSupply
Amazon Business will replace their current marketplace for industrial products and office supplies, AmazonSupply, which was first launched in April 2012.
Beginning on May 13, 2015 the AmazonSupply website will start redirecting to Amazon Business.
Amazon Business Additional Resources
Are you looking for more information? You can learn more about buying and selling on Amazon Business at the links below: